Thursday 25 April 2013

Drop your documents to dropbox

We always in hurry and it is norm that you will forgot to take or bring your USB flash drive. Do you felt disappointed and your day turn upside down? This was same happen to the Dropbox founder, Drew Houston in year 2007. Then by his initiative, he started to create a his own personal use usage.



Dropbox is a company that provide file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software. you can create a special folder on each of your computers which Dropbox then synchronises so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in this folder also are accessible through a website and mobile phone applications.

Let explore their advantages...

Dropbox is faster than many other filehosting sites.
When you upload on Dropbox you gain rights to your files that you have uploaded unlike many other cloud storage services where file hosting own permissions.
Interface is very simple.
It is safe.
Mobile apps are available for Dropbox.
Dropbox sync all your file at the time that you edit them
 
I have use this service more than 2 years, Samsung offered a 50gb of Dropbox space if you purchase their Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I quickly grab that phone once the advertise come out in our local newspaper.
 
"It is easy and simple to use, really help my day."
Shafa, 2013
 
For those who always travel either business or personnel purposes, this app really help you out. I travel to Phuket with my loving wife on February 2013, our 5 days journey by car from Kuala Lumpur experience us many beautiful views, the culture and so on. This make our camera storage rapidly filled up. But by using this Dropbox app, I uploaded all my photos to the folder so that I can erase the data in the camera. While boating the island, I feel secured if in case my camera fall into the sea because all the photos that I took previously have been back up in my Dropbox folder.
 
This also can be applied while you having your business trip where you no need to bring your big size external storage or your computer. Just access the dropbox from anywhere and you will get your file immediately.
 
Here some tips I got from you tube that might help you to start dropbox.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment